Dr. Olaf Herzog
- Dipl.-Ing. (MSc) Production Technology from Technical University of Munich and PhD from Technical University of Stuttgart
- Starting 1989 applied research at Fraunhofer Institute of Production Technology and Automation for Semiconductor customers
- From1996 on Olaf Herzog served at Advanced Micro Devices in 200/300mm waferfab startups in the roles of Director Factory Automation, Production Module Head and Director Manufacturing
- Starting2010 Olaf Herzog took responsibility as Director Manufacturing Engineering and as Director Factory Automation fora 300mm waferfab at Globalfoundries
- In 2014 Olaf Herzog joined Infineon Technologies AG. As VP Factory Integration he is currently responsible for the factory control systems in Waferfab, Assembly and Test facilities globally
Transforming Semiconductor Manufacturing Using Artificial Intelligence?
(Authors: Olaf Herzog, Natalie Gentner, Yao Yang, Infineon Technologies AG)
The potential of artificial intelligence (AI) in semiconductor manufacturing is estimated to be significant. This presentation gives an overview about the typical application of AI at Infineon manufacturing (e.g. defect classification, predictive maintenance, outlier detection) and shows commonly available methods used for these applications. In order to positively impact manufacturing performance AI needs to be widely used at large scale. The presentation lists various success factors for AI scaling and provides a short summary of the importance of data availability and consistency. Standardization of processes, definitions … on manufacturing data is a significant factor to speed up AI scaling. The summary emphasizes the importance of AI being widely adopted and rolled out to large scale in order to reap the potential benefits and the strong benefit of higher standardization.
Infineon Technologies AG
Infineon Technologies AG is a world leader in semiconductor solutions that make life easier, safer and greener. In the 12-month period ended 31st March 2020, the company reported sales of around €9,9bn with 47,400 employees worldwide. Infineon is one of the ten largest semiconductor manufacturers worldwide. Infineon is playing a key role in shaping a better future – with microelectronics that link the real and the digital world. Infineon semiconductors enable smart mobility, efficient energy management and the secure capture and transfer of data. It designs, develops, manufactures and markets a broad range of semiconductors and system solutions. The focus of its activities is on automotive electronics, industrial electronics, communication and information technologies, and hardware-based security. The product range comprises standard components, customer-specific solutions for devices and systems, as well as specific components for digital, analogue, and mixed-signal applications. Infineon has 37 research and development locations and 17 manufacturing locations worldwide.